Terms of Service
The Nihon Sun reserves the right to change these Terms at any time and we recommend that you periodically check this page for changes.
Due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 – http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm – you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this site.
All content on The Nihon Sun is copyrighted intellectual property with the exception of some images which are used under Creative Commons License. As such, you are free to download online materials for non-commercial, personal use only provided you:
- Retain all copyright, trademark and propriety notices
- You make no modifications to the materials
- You do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, events or brands, and
- You do not download quantities of materials to a database, server, or personal computer for re-use for commercial purposes.
Reasonable excerpts from content on The Nihon Sun may be used provided that they do not exceed ten percent of the article in question and that a link is provided back to the original article on The Nihon Sun. Images from The Nihon Sun may not be used without explicit written approval from the site.
Permission for the use of images and more extensive use of written materials on The Nihon Sun can be submitted via our contact page.
Links to External Sites
We sometimes provide referrals to, and links to, other websites from The Nihon Sun. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at those sites. No inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that The Nihon Sun is connected with, operates or controls these websites.
Advertisements and Promotions
The Nihon Sun may run advertisements and promotions from third parties. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than The Nihon Sun, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. The Nihon Sun is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
The Nihon Sun may earn revenue from some of the advertisements displayed on the site. If you enter into an agreement with a third-party site then you acknowledge that The Nihon Sun may earn a commission or revenue from your transaction.
The Nihon Sun encourages reader feedback and comments but reserves the right to delete comments, links included in comments, trackbacks or pings that meet the following criteria:
- Contain falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage The Nihon Sun or any third party;
- Contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- Made solely for the purpose of advertising or solicitation of business;
- In languages other than English;
- Conatins content which insults, belittles, contains profanity or in other negative ways affects other readers or the owners, administrators and contributors to the site.
Updated: April 29, 2009